Rules of reviewing and publishing articles and materials in the science-in-practice journal “Psychopedagogy in Law Enforcement
Double blind peer review: reviewers are not aware of the identity of the authors, and authors are also not aware of the identity of the reviewers. Each issue of the journal has at least three or more reviewers for the total number of articles
1. All articles and publications submitted to the editorial of the journal “Psycho-pedagogics in law enforcement agencies” are bound to be reviewed.
2. Reviewing of articles and publications is conducted by the editorial board or editorial council engaging, if necessary, leading law enforcement specialists and authoritative scholars of other ministries and departments.
3. The chief editor (deputy chief editor) determines the board of reviewers for each submitted article or publication.
4. Every article or publication is reviewed at least by two reviewers.
5. Having made the complete analysis of the contents of the article reviewers give their review in writing which must reflect:
— if the article’s title fits its content and the journal’s subject-matter;
— general characteristics, importance and reasonability of the materials;
— novelty of the data;
— theoretical and practical value (effect which can be achieved via usage of the research results in practical work);
— the degree of using scientific toolkit, data validity and reasonability;
— use of mathematical statistics methods;
— language and style of writing, logics, examples;
— arrangement of the article’s Resources List (informing whether it is according to the State Standard R 7.0.5-2008);
— whether or not the article needs the author’s elaboration;
— specified notes and recommendations on elaborating the article (for example, curtailing the size, increasing (decreasing) the number of tables or graphs, changing the proportions of experimental and theoretical parts, elaborating the conclusions, practical recommendations, changing or correcting the article’s title, detailing the list of literature, etc.);
— the section of the journal recommended:
(social psychological and pedagogical aspects of law enforcement agencies’ work; moral psychological and professional training and reliability; psychological and pedagogical aspects of personality development; psychological and pedagogical facilities for learning and educative process; psychological aspects of personality tension, deformation and conflict resolution; psychological and pedagogical correction and rehabilitation; psychology of delinquent behavior; psychological aspects of educative, legal and preventive work; for instructors of higher educational institutions: theory and practice; practical psychology: experience and problems; methodological aspects of personality psycho-diagnostics and cognition; guidelines for the leading staff);
— general conclusion (accept the material as appropriate for publishing, find the material inappropriate for publishing, recommend the author to eliminate the comments or elaborate the article).
6. The reviewer studies the article and prepares the review in writing during 14 days. The review can be arranged in a free form but it should reflect the data described in #5 of the present Provision or with the use of the official review blank.
7. The reviewer provides the Chief Editor or the Managing Editor with the prepared review. Е-mail: email@example.com.